Sunday, February 15, 2015

There's something growing in there...

I've been given the "go-ahead" from M & S to announce that WE ARE PREGNANT! HOOORRAYYYYY! Here's how everything went down :) 

As I talked about in my previous post, I took a test (3 actually) on Saturday morning, 4.75 days after the transfer, while we all skyped. I was taking the tests when the call was made (Mark answered) and I brought them out with me when I was done, without looking. We all chatted for 5-10 minutes and then I just HAD to look at them. I was happy to announce that all three tests were POSITIVE! Very faint, but positive. :) That was a really special moment to see M & S find out the news. Of course we all understood that it was very early and the test could be negative. Also, that even if it was positive, things could still happen. The guys couldn't see the double lines on the test through our skype session because the lines were so faint (or the camera quality bad) so I took pictures to send to them. 

Quite the squinter, eh? Super light, but definitely there. 

Being the POAS-aholic (pee-on-a-stick-aholic) that I am, I continued taking tests to see the second line darken. This indicates an increase in HCG (pregnancy hormone) which indicates a healthy pregnancy. Here are more of the tests I took.



The Mumba Jumba written on the tests stands for "# days past 5 day transfer". A "5 day transfer" means that the eggs were able to develope for 5 days before being transferred. 

It was fun to send them a new pregnancy test photo in the mornings! 

Last Wednesday, 2/11, I went in for my first blood pregnancy test, called a BETA test, at 9dp5dt. It detects the amount of HCG in my bloodstream and puts a numerical value to it. The clinic wants to see anything above 50 and mine was a 102.6! Pretty good number if you ask me! 

I went in again on Friday, 2/13, for a second beta to make sure my HCG levels are rising correctly. In a healthy pregnancy, HCG levels should double every 48-72 hours at this point in the pregnancy. My second beta, at 11dp5dt, was right on track at 195.5. So far so good! 

Man, to finally have reassurance that this process worked/is working and to be able to tell M & S that everything us going perfectly so far is just... Ahhhhh indescribable. I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm actually on track to help another couple have a family. This all is just so amazing. God really is good. 

I go in tomorrow morning for a 3rd and final beta and then we will schedule an ultrasound to see how many little ones decided to stick around. I'm so excited to find out! 

So right now I'm 4 weeks, 5 days pregnant! I am so excited for M & S! And their families, too! They are all so deserving of this. I'm going to do my best to keep whatever is growing in there safe. We all know that it is still very early in the pregnancy and anything can happen but I'm feeling very hopeful. I think sighs of relief will be had after the ultrasound, assuming everything goes well. :) 

I want to thank everyone who has been so supportive of this adventure. Although there are people who have expressed negative feelings about this, for the most part all of you have been so sweet and so encouraging. I especially couldn't do this without my lovely husband, Mark. He is taking on a lot by allowing me to pursue my dream of being a surrogate. I don't know how to thank him enough. <3 

Four weeks pregnant! (Nothing to show but bloat and flub ;)) 

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment