Monday, February 23, 2015

5 Weeks Pregnant: So sleepy!


I'm super excited to start making weekly updates on the pregnancy! Even though I won't have a real baby bump for quite some time, I think it's still fun to document the changes my body will endure. I promise my bump pictures won't always be in selfies in front of a dirty mirror haha 

Symptoms:
I am SO tired.  I have to nap at least once a day and sometimes I need a couple quick cat naps in between.  I feel like a walking zombie.  This is pretty typical of my early pregnancies, though.

I am pretty bloated and just overall puffy.  I can tell I'm retaining a lot of water, which could be because of the medication, but I'm usually really bloated until 9-10 weeks anyways.  

My face is breaking out like crazy.  It's quite annoying.  I don't start to "glow" until well into the second trimester.  Until then, I look like a teenage boy. 

Cravings:
None yet.

Work Outs:
I've been able to make it to the gym 4-5 times a week still.  I have several girls that I go to yoga with a couple times a week, which helps me stay accountable.  It's getting harder to force myself into the gym each day because of my exhaustion but every time, without fail, I feel so much better and have a boost of energy afterwards.  

Pants:
I'm already not fitting comfortably into my jeans and even had to bust out the ole hairband trick yesterday.  I found myself getting discouraged but had to quickly remind myself that it's just the bloating from the medication and early pregnancy.  Hopefully I can go a lot longer without having to pull my maternity pants out of the closet! 

A Little Scare:
I had a little incident of bleeding over the weekend.  After I went to the restroom and inserted my suppository, I had some pink discharge followed by some cramping.  I wasn't too concerned about it because, apparently, it's very common for bleeding to occur in IVF pregnancies, for whatever reason.  I didn't have any additional bleeding and the cramping was minor and only lasted a little while so I think it was some sort of fluke.  I may have irritated my cervix when inserting the suppository or something.  I made sure to take it easy the rest of that day, though.  

Overall:
Other than being sick with a hellish cold the past week, I'm feeling really good.  The exhaustion is getting a little rough and I know it's only going to get worse in the next couple weeks but I'm feeling positive and happy.  When I have energy, I often forget that I'm pregnant because I feel so good.  I'm super relieved that the shots are MUCH more manageable and way less painful. 

Upcoming Appointments:
We have the long awaited ultrasound next Monday, 3/2.  Everyone is very anxious and excited!  We'll finally get to see how many babies are cooking in there and hopefully see the heartbeats.  I'll be 6 weeks, 5 days pregnant at the point so we should be able to.  

___________________________________
Medication:
Days on Prenatal Vitamins: 102
Baby aspirin: 57
Delestrogen Injections: 11
PIO Injections: 27
Doxycycline: 32 (first round finished 1/7, second round finished 2/2)
Medrol: 7 (finished 2/2)
Active Birth Control Pills: 46 (finished 1/2)
Lupron injections: 29 (finished 1/29)

Procedures:
Acupuncture Sessions: 10
Vials of Blood Drawn: 18

Embryo Transfer: 1
Vaginal Exams: 2
SIS: 1
Mock Transfer: 1
Internal Ultrasound: 2

Weight:
4 weeks- 164.2 
5 weeks- 165.4

No comments:

Post a Comment