Monday, February 23, 2015

Weeks 7&8 of Medication

I've fallen a little behind on the updates so I'm going to catch up real quick.

Weeks 7& 8: Relief! 

As I mentioned previously, I had my second BETA, which looked good, so I was able to decrease my PIO dosage from 2ml/day to 1ml/day.  What. A. Difference.  My bum is so happy!  It's actually able to heal up a bit before having to inject it again, besides the days I have to do two injections.  I've also been a lot better about moving around for 20-30 minutes after injecting which I think has really helped to disperse the medication and prevent knots. I'm so happy to have some relief because I was starting to dread the rest of the process if it was going to be that intense the whole time.

I went in for a third BETA on Monday. 2/16 (14dp5dt) to make sure things were still progressing properly and my BETA was up to 598. Perfect! We were hoping for something in the 500's and that's what we got.

 Just a little recap on my BETAs: 9dp5dt- 102.6, 11dp5dt- 195.5, 14dp5dt- 598.

After the third BETA, we scheduled our first ultrasound for March 2nd!  This is to confirm pregnancy and see how many little beans are growing in there.  We all can't wait!  M & S will be able to skype in for the ultrasound so that will be a special experience.  I wish they could actually be there but skyping is better than nothing!

I started Progesterone Suppositories twice a day on the 12th, which started out not too bad but has become pretty gross.  When I first received my medications, I was only given a week supply of the suppositories so I had a new shipment of medication sent to me (I was running low on other medications as well) and the new shipment came with a different type of suppository.

The first kind I got was a pretty large, uncased pill that I inserted with a little plastic device, similar to a tampon.  These ones weren't super gross like I heard they would be.  I had a little bit of leaking for 1-2 hours after inserting but that was about it.  Not bad at all.  Well, the new suppositories are capsules that I insert with my finger and they are GROSS.  I won't get into specific details but I'll just leave you with one word; cottage cheese. >.< Needless to say, I may ask if I can get the other kind back the next time I go in haha

My medication will pretty much stay the same until we start weaning in about 6 weeks.  Here's what it's at right now:

Daily:

  • 1ml PIO injection
  • Prenatal Vitamins
  • Baby Aspirin
  • Vaginal Suppositories 2x a day
Monday & Friday:
  • 0.3 ml Delestrogen injections
At the ultrasound on 3/2 I'll get more blood work done to check my Estrogen and Progesterone levels. Depending on those results, my medication may be tweaked a bit.  

Things have been going pretty great lately.  I think this will be the last update on medication as I will be doing weekly pregnancy posts.  I'll just include the medication in those posts.  

I'm so excited that everything is going so smoothly and I can't wait for the ultrasound!

<3


___________________________________
Medication:
Days on Prenatal Vitamins: 102
Baby aspirin: 57
Delestrogen Injections: 11
PIO Injections: 27
Doxycycline: 32 (first round finished 1/7, second round finished 2/2)
Medrol: 7 (finished 2/2)
Active Birth Control Pills: 46 (finished 1/2)
Lupron injections: 29 (finished 1/29)

Procedures:
Acupuncture Sessions: 10
Vials of Blood Drawn: 18

Embryo Transfer: 1
Vaginal Exams: 2
SIS: 1
Mock Transfer: 1
Internal Ultrasound: 2

Weight:
Start of medication: 162.6
1 week of Meds: 163.4
2 weeks of Meds: 159.2
3 weeks of Meds: 161.6
4 weeks of Meds: 163.6 
5 weeks of Meds: 161.4
6 weeks of Meds: 163.4 
7 weeks of Meds: 164.6 (4 weeks, 4 days pregnant)
8 weeks of Meds: 165.4 (5 weeks, 4 days pregnant)

Total weight gain from start of medication to pregnancy: 0.8 lbs.


         

No comments:

Post a Comment